Andhra Pradesh will get another National Investment Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ), Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma announced Saturday. It will come up at Ongole in Prakasam district. This will be in addition to two NIMZs already cleared in principle by the central government for Medak and Chittoor districts. Sharma told reporters here that Andhra Pradesh would be the second state after ...
Rebecca Gonsalves: Time to get ready for a swanky awards bash must be tight for such a busy mum, hence the messy up-do and minimal make-up.Hugh Montgomery: Not a lunatic fringe. It has definitely never voted ...
Unless you are one of those unfortunate souls we pityingly call "first-time buyers", chances are you are sitting on a gold mine. (Or perhaps you're perfectly happy renting, in which case you are sitting on someone else's gold mine.) Anyway, the point is that despite austerity, double-dips and general hardship, house prices in most parts of the UK have continued to boom while ...
Technical-look fabrics and utilitarian shapes make white futuristic. Or you can go romantic and retro, adding contrasting accessories or resolutely 2013 materials. DKNY's lattice leather and tulle circle skirt (above, ...
It is Memorial Day weekend in America, the unofficial start of summer, and my friend and her teenage daughter are in the Hamptons, having scored an invitation to stay at the beachside mansion of one of New York's wealthiest families."What are you going to wear?" I asked my friend, before she set off, mindful of the grey and drizzly weather and the fact that grand-style ...
22°C Light Rain
Winds: From the ESE at 7 MPH
Courage Under Fire [DVD]
The surface story of Courage Under Fire is about an Army colonel investigating the merits of the first woman ever considered for the Medal of Honor for combat. But the underlying and more important story is about that colonel's fight to come to peace with himself. ...
Switzerland and China have signed a free-trade agreement leaders of both nations called a historic achievement. Chinese Premier Li Keqiang, in Switzerland to sign the accord, said the trade pact "has huge meaning for global free-trade." "This free-trade deal is the first between China and a continental European economy, and the first with one of the 20 leading economies of the ...
"Totally Biased" sent two correspondents, comedians Guy Branum and Aparna Nancherla, to Madison Square Garden to interview people protesting gay-bashing that recently occurred at Knicks games -- interview them about their fashion choices, of course. Check out the clip above to see what happens when a protest turns into a red ...
Few, if any, similarities exist between the redactions of the Benghazi e-mails and the deletions and distortions made by Richard Nixon in his taped ...
Here at Style Offline I will offer occasional investment advice (this is Forbes, after all!) though I'll focus on fashion, not funds or finance. In that vein, I've upgraded skinny white jeans to a "strong buy". It's all about Memorial Day You are likely looking forward to relaxing over the long weekend and perhaps you have plans with colleagues to get together once ...
Off-price retailer Ross Stores has raised its full-year earnings guidance after recording a 12% increase in first-quarter net profit, boosted by higher ...
They Said It
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Manufacturing MirrorManufacturing Mirror | News Resource for the Manufacturing Industry
Breaking news from the world of manufacturing. This online newspaper has an extended scope, covering the industry and highlighting breaking news about manufacturers, products, sales, distribution, and personnel in the manufacturing and textiles sector. We additionally cover international news stories, and updates from the business world and global markets, in order to be a one-stop news resource for those interested in manufacturing.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites such as manufacturing periodicals, industry organs, and general media, on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require Manufacturing news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Manufacturing news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Manufacturing Mirror, please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
Andhra Pradesh will get another National Investment Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ), Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma announced Saturday.
It will come up at Ongole in Prakasam district. This will be in addition to two NIMZs already cleared in principle by the central government for Medak and Chittoor districts.
Sharma told reporters here that Andhra Pradesh would be the second state after Maharashtra to have more than two NIMZs.
The NIMZs are being set up under the National Manufacturing Policy of 2011, which aims to increase the share of the manufacturing sector in the GDP from 16 percent to 25 percent.
The centre has already given in principal approval for 12 NIMZs, which will get several incentives like exemption from capital gains tax and liberalised labour and environmental norms.
Asked about the investments being mobilised for the zones, Sharma said it could not be quantified at this juncture.
"We have made good progress over the last year. Japan, Germany, the UK, Russia and China have shown keen interest in investing and things are moving towards paperwork," he said.
The minister agreed for a third NIMZ in Andhra Pradesh after Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy made a request at a ceremony to lay foundation stone for the National Institute of Design (NID) here. ...
- Maoists Attack India Congress Party Convoy
- U.S. highway collapses after rail cars hit pillars
- Texas flooding leaves at least 2 dead hundreds more stranded in homes and cars
- Kasey Kahne of Enumclaw is eager to defend his Coca-Cola 600 title | Auto racing
- Cars torched police attacked in new Stockholm riots
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Weekends best time to buy air tickets
- Russian military orders six Be-200 amphibious planes
- Electronics outsourcing weakened Boeing’s control over 787’s crucial systems
- Hainan Airlines to receive 1st Dreamliner in mid-June
- New space stethoscope helps assess astronauts in noisy spacecrafts
- Construction industry optimistic for 2014 growth
- Construction legal disputes most costly in Middle East
- Engineering architecture firm opens headquarters in Sparta
- Van Cleef Engineering and Clinton Township are honored for redevelopment project
- Invisibility cloaks can now be created at home using 3D printers
- MG sells $350000000 PET sourcing agreement to Alpek
- Uroplasty To Announce Fiscal Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2013 Financial Results On May 30 2013
- Chemical in Common Plastics Said to Raise Blood Pressure in Children
- Cereplast Announces New Bioplastic Resin Grade With 51 Algae Biomass
- U.S. highway collapses after rail cars hit pillars
- UPDATE 6-Two freight trains collide in Missouri bringing down overpass
- US freight train crash causes overpass collapse
- Freight trains collision injures 7 people in Missouri
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada deploys a team of investigators to an air accident in Parry Sound ON
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Manufacturing Mirror headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Andhra Pradesh to get third manufacturing zone
- Style shrinks Our experts analyse Lily Allens caped entrance to the Ivor Novello awards
- Agenda Pet Shop Boys Adam Driver The Shard festival fashion rising house prices
- How to get the look All white
- Jenna Lyons fashion queen of America | profile