A Bangladesh Government report into the collapse of a multi-storied factory building has uncovered a series of violations. The report revealed that the building had been constructed with sub-standard materials on unsuitable land. According to the BBC, it also recommended life sentences for the building's owner and the owners of five garment factories operating there. The Rana Plaza collapse ...
BAY ST. LOUIS, MS (WLOX) - A Waveland woman builds a house every week, but humans aren't allowed to move in. Her houses are just for the birds. And she's proud to say her birdhouses are living art, and they're gracing thousands of backyards all over the country. In a small space inside Shieldsboro Bazaar in Bay St. Louis, you will find a tiny village. There's a log cabin, ...
A couch caught fire Thursday evening, forcing residents out of a Huntington apartment building for several hours.The Central Living Apartments building, 601 N. Jefferson St., was evacuated after the fire began in a common area about 5:15 p.m., the Huntington Fire Department said in a statement Friday morning.The sprinkler system kept the fire in check until firefighters arrived and put it out, ...
The owner of 287 Cumberland St., the former Our Lady Girls’ School, must provide the city with a copy of an engineering report that outlines the condition of the rundown property in Lowertown, a court has ...
Another renovation project in Albany, NY created 14 more apartments downtown, along with commercial space. Two historic, five-story buildings at 522-524 Broadway were converted into one- and two-bedroom apartments and 18,000 square feet of commercial space ...
Winds: From the SE at 2 MPH
Those platform shoes! Those silk shirts with the four-foot collars! That denim jacket! Those bellbottoms! That afro! ...
Milwaukee's East Library will be demolished in July, followed by work on a new library building along with apartments built above it. HSI Properties LLC has completed ...
In the plans is the construction of new buildings of the republic's maternity centre, the central clinic, the tuberculosis treatment clinic in Bendery and a new tuberculosis treatment centre in Rybnita. Agreements were also signed to build schools in Tiraspol. Bendery, Rybnita and the village of Tashlyk and new kindergartens in Rybnita and ...
MARLTON, N.J. & NEW YORK, May 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hill International ( ), the global leader in managing construction risk, announced today that David L. Richter, Hill's President and Chief Operating Officer, is scheduled to present at the Credit Suisse 2013 Engineering & Construction Conference being held on Thursday, June 6, 2013, at Credit Suisse Headquarters, 11 Madison ...
MIAMI (CBSMiami) - In many fields, workers are always told to measure twice and cut once. State transportation officials working on a new train station at Miami International Airport might need to be told that axiom again. According to CBS4 news partner the Miami Herald, the Florida Department of Transportation realized earlier this year after construction began that the platform for the train ...
While mobile can be a tough business, the rewards are substantial when an app hits the sweet spot for users. Just take a look at Pandora. In the latest quarter, the company's mobile revenues doubled to $86.7 million. But how does a company like Pandora -- or Instagram or Vine, for that matter -- stand out while thousands of other apps languish? Well, a top app developer, Christian ...
They Said It
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Turtle Bay Resort
This 4 star resort is located on the top of Oahu on the North Shore, and is one of Hawaii's ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Manufacturing MirrorManufacturing Mirror | News Resource for the Manufacturing Industry
Breaking news from the world of manufacturing. This online newspaper has an extended scope, covering the industry and highlighting breaking news about manufacturers, products, sales, distribution, and personnel in the manufacturing and textiles sector. We additionally cover international news stories, and updates from the business world and global markets, in order to be a one-stop news resource for those interested in manufacturing.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites such as manufacturing periodicals, industry organs, and general media, on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require Manufacturing news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Manufacturing news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Manufacturing Mirror, please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
The menace of 3-D printed guns has already spread far and it will be 'impossible' to stop the manufacturing of more guns, an intelligence bulletin has revealed.
The Department of Homeland Security has warned that the use and passage of 3-D printed guns are likely to spread beyond regulations and checkpoint restrictions, posing 'public safety risks' to an uncontrollable extent, Fox News reports.
The bulletin compiled by the Joint Regional Intelligence Center said that the 3-D printing capabilities have made much progress and the digital 3D printer files are freely available on the internet by downloading blueprints and molding three-dimensional items from melted plastic, adding that the file sharing from unqualified gun manufacturers will be sufficiently dangerous.
The first-ever plastic handgun made from a 3-D printer was made by a University of Texas law student who started a nonprofit company called Defense Distributed. The blueprint for the gun called 'The Liberator' whose only metal parts are the bullets and a small firing pin was downloaded 100,000 times before May 3 when a branch of the U.S. State Department ordered the website to stop sharing the file.
The three-page bulletin said that limiting access of the gun will not be feasible anymore as magnetometers used to screen weapons will not pick up a 3D-printed gun and the only solution is a 3-D firearm which can again be made without serial numbers or unique identifiers, hindering ballistics testing. ...
- 2 Ford units to be shut in Australia in Oct 2016
- Nissan recalls 800000 Micras over glitch in steering wheels
- Fitch Assigns Red Black Auto Lease Germany 1 S.A. Final Rating
- 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Family Checklist
- Plug-in Cars Where Can You Buy Them
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Pakistani plane forced to land near London two held
- Two held over Pakistani planes mid-air alert
- Britain sends up fighters as Pakistani plane diverted
- China clears Boeing 787s for commercial service
- Big undersea quake off Russia
- Top 10 newly discovered species revealed
- LME wins deal of the year award at inaugural Platts Global Metals Awards
- HRT well helps to confirm Gondwana Golds Petroleum System Model offshore Namibia
- New securities law in Mongolia cleans path for Tavan Tolgoi IPO
- Sub-standard construction material led to Bangladesh building collapse says govt report
- New East Library apartment building to begin construction in July
- Russia to finance construction of hospitalsschools in Dniester Reg
- Sarkar interviewed by LiveScience on building in tornado country
- Iowa State Baja SAE Team lends help to competition still finds success
- California lawmakers go after plastic producers for beach debris
- LyondellBasell to Address Barclays ROC Conference
- LyondellBasell to Address Goldman Sachs Basic Materials Conference
- IHT Rendezvous The Art Hong Kong Really Loves ‘Rubber Duck’
- Security forces fire rubber bullets at striking South African miners
- Sub-standard construction material led to Bangladesh building collapse says govt report
- Waveland woman finds refuge from pain by building backyard bird habitats
- Fire hits Huntington apartment building
- Owner of rundown heritage building must hand over report
- 14 more apartments open in renovated downtown Albany building
- South Sudans President Says Never to ICC
- Turkish Cargo Expands Freighter Trucking Services
- European Transport Union Worried by EU Port Reform Plan
- Media Advisory - Final Metrolinx Investment Strategy to Be Released
- GALLERY Rail museum proposed for Broadmeadow
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Manufacturing Mirror headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Homeland Security bulletin warns 3-D printed gun plans may be impossible to access
- New light rocket Angara ready for launch
- Fashion watch Hamas won’t allow Western styles that lower ‘standards of manhood’
- Movers Shakers Friday’s movers Abercrombie Sears not in fashion
- Research and Markets China Gas Compressor Manufacturing Industry 2013