35 million Americans are preparing to travel 50 miles or more this weekend, with nearly 90 percent of travelers filling up their tanks with expensive gasoline or diesel fuel to drive to their destination, the Center for American Progress released ...
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Obama administration said Monday it wants to see more cuts to agriculture subsidies in a massive farm bill moving ...
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP) -- Three City Council members in Michigan have abstained from voting on a measure that would have prevented them from abstaining on future ...
Everyone has a special talent. John Edward Doyle's is giving us all Daft Punk-scored nightmares. Via Blame It On The ...
Hey, dads out there: do you ever feel like your kid is getting in the middle of your conversations with your spouse? So much so, that it may as well just be another man in the house instead of your sweet, adorable child? Here’s what you’re about to see: ';Actual conversations with my 2 year old daughter, as re-enacted by me and another full grown man.'; Creator Matthew ...
Winds: From the North at 4 MPH
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (Fin de semana para los muertos) (aka The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue) [DVD]
When Jorge Grau's Let Sleeping Corpses Lie ( Fin de semana para los muertos) was first released in 1974, ripping off George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead (1968) was not yet a cottage industry. In fact, at the time there had been only a handful of zombie films that owed a debt to Romero's masterpiece, including the shoddy Garden of the Dead and Bob Clark's se ... ...
Last week there was some debate acros the blogosphere about Race and IQ (again) much of springing from thecontroversyof Jason Richwine's ...
The man who famously put down his Big Mac to help rescue three women held captive for a decade in an Ohio house will never have to pay for another burger in his ...
"I looked down at my food and saw something that looked like a vein of fat and so I pulled on it and just kept coming and coming out and then it snapped into my finger and then there was half of a worm," he told Phoenix TV station ...
A treasure trove of rarities, oddities and tech "firsts" has been brought together -- including an experimental 17th century mechanical calculator, a 108-year-old telephone and an incredibly rare, headline-grabbing Apple 1 computer -- to be sold at auction Friday in Cologne, ...
With its skull-and-cross-bones flag flapping in the wind, and swashbuckling captain at the helm, this is perhaps the last boat you'd expect to find on America's most famous inland waterway. But the 12-meter Gypsy Rose II is just one of six pirate ships built by 54-year-old Captain Tim Woodson and setting sail on the iconic river. Now the buccaneering boat has been sold to the History ...
They Said It
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hyatt Regency Almaty, Kazakhstan
The Hyatt Regency Almaty is a near new luxury hotel situated in the central business district of Almaty near the ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Manufacturing MirrorManufacturing Mirror | News Resource for the Manufacturing Industry
Breaking news from the world of manufacturing. This online newspaper has an extended scope, covering the industry and highlighting breaking news about manufacturers, products, sales, distribution, and personnel in the manufacturing and textiles sector. We additionally cover international news stories, and updates from the business world and global markets, in order to be a one-stop news resource for those interested in manufacturing.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites such as manufacturing periodicals, industry organs, and general media, on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require Manufacturing news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Manufacturing news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Manufacturing Mirror, please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
Food-inspired clothing like butcher briefs, meat socks and chef jeans could soon become a reality.
Several years ago, chef Chris Cosentino teamed up with goofy clothes company Betabrand to create Gluttony Pants.
Now, Cosentino is back with three new projects, and he needs your help to make them a reality, the Huffington Post reported.
These items will go into production if enough people express a desire to purchase them. For now the projects are in a "think tank" phase.
But if there are enough votes, posts on social media or comments about the items, then they could be yours for a price.
First, there's Chef Jeans, for chefs who want to wear jeans in the kitchen.
Features include a "vented crotch area, due to prolonged proximity to flame."
Next, there's Meat Feet Socks, which Cosentino says, "It's no secret that I love tasty, salted pig parts. I was looking at some salami tubes the other day and it hit me: 'Tube socks. Salami comes in a tube. Why not salami socks?'"
And finally there is Butcher Briefs. (ANI)
- GM recalls nearly 20000 new Cadillac SRX SUVs
- Ford still has a long way to go to match Toyota’s brand value
- Really Chrysler Dont Pick A Fight With Tesla Over Taxpayer Loans. You Will Lose.
- Nissan says to recall 841000 cars over steering problem
- NHRA star Brown to test Toyota stock car
- Indian flight attendant jailed in Dubai
- Golfer Sharmila set for Deloitte Ladies Open
- China clears Boeing 787s for nations airlines Boeing
- $20m upgrade for Qantas jets
- Follow AirlineReporter.com — Self Promotion Can Be a Good Thing
- Tribals in Niyamgiri demonstrate against Bauxite mining
- HRW Mozambique Families Displaced by Foreign Mining
- Wyden FracFocus constructive tool on drilling
- P.M. Kitco Metals Roundup Solid Gains For Gold On Safe-Haven Demand Short Covering
- Avnel announces election of directors
- Scientists engineers must join hands to meet grand challenge of clean water upply
- QA John Danis Danis Building Construction
- Austin No. 10 for engineering jobs
- Construction industry builds on biotechnologies
- New Kings arena construction will spark Sacramento area economy UOP forecaster says
- Chemicals in plastics linked to elevated blood pressure in kids and teens
- Agree To Buy Goodyear Tire Rubber At $10 Earn 8.5
- Rosneft and Mitsui sign MoU to develop petrochemical project
- SVP Global Portfolio Company Klockner Pentaplast Completes Successful Re-financing
- Trex Honored With 2013 Green Award From Washingtonian Magazine
- Don’t forget about my rights says Julian Assange ‘sex victim’
- University Students Showcase Canadas Automotive Innovation Success
- Thales upgrading air traffic management
- Call for hotline serving grown-up victims of child abuse
- Full Statement from Ministry of Defence in response to death of Drummer Lee Rigby
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Manufacturing Mirror headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Food-inspired clothing like butcher briefs meat socks could soon be reality
- Ford to close manufacturing operations in Australia slash 1200 jobs
- Rosario Dawson suffers wardrobe malfunction by flashing undies at Cannes
- Chinas manufacturing slows HSBC
- Manufacturing one pair of sneakers emits 30 pounds of carbon dioxide