I love grocery shopping - something about viewing all those rows of fresh fruits and vegetables, and spying what's new in the take-home section. Lately, I've seen a real plethora of avocados, piled high and with that jewel-like green peel, and it reminds me of the amazing guacamole I once made in a Las Vegas cooking class, and how, years ago, I had enjoyed a delicious avocado and ...
Breakfast wraps are generally predictable - scrambled eggs, bacon or ham and cheese wrapped in a flour tortilla. I was pleasantly surprised by a new spin on this morning starter at The Salad Bowl in Covent Garden Market in London, Ont. Owner Andrew Goddard uses organic hard boiled eggs, organic bacon and then adds spinach, red sweet pepper, cheese, green onion, tomatoes and a splash of two ...
The Connective is a crowd-sourced digital magazine made in just 48 hours, chronicling how our conversations with our things are thoroughly changing our world. Learn more ...
Screenshot: Schticky website When you're an insomniac freelance writer who works from home, you end up seeing a lot of infomercials, and eventually, those things will wear you down. No matter how skeptical you might start off, you will eventually get to a point where you'll start to wonder if there actually is somebody out there with a better way to fry eggs, chop tomatoes and make ...
Star Trek first made its way to the big screen, its costume design has veered away from the classic color-coded uniforms in favor of experiments with red double-breasted uniforms and unfortunate flesh-colored jumpsuits. But for the 2009 J.J ...
Winds: From the SE at 11 MPH
Zack Snyders Sucker Punch unfolds like a video game-addled adolescent boys wet dream wrapped up in pseudo-feminist fits of girl power. Snyder, who is best known for the ultraviolent graphic novel adaptations of 300 (2006) and Watchmen (2009), is working from his own ... ...
Leeds NHS hospital trust to replace chief executive Maggie Boyle following childrens heart surgery row
Maggie Boyle will leave Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (LTHT) next month ahead of a management shake-up which follows fears over high mortality figures. Operations were temporarily suspended earlier this year after concerns were raised over death rates at the children's heart unit at Leeds General Infirmary (LGI). Ms Boyle is not believed to have tendered her resignation. A trust ...
Caroline Cunningham, director of the County Councils Network, says we need to keep sharing good practice, information and innovation. Photograph: Picturegarden/Getty ...
Become a fan of CNNOpinionStay up to date on the latest opinion, analysis and conversations through social media. Join us at Facebook/CNNOpinion and follow us @CNNOpinion on Twitter. We welcome your ideas and comments. This joker -- I guess others out there, too -- gets a weird satisfaction out of ...
Adapted from Caught Offside:Man United boss David Moyes will look to lure Goodison Park starlet Ross Barkley to Old Trafford this summer as the incoming manager seeks to adopt a youthful transfer policy at his new ...
We're off to see my mum. "Navigate to Dorchester-on-Thames," I command, to test out the state-of-the-art, voice-activated satnav. "Navigate to the nearest mountain pass - is that correct?" the car says. What? No! Dorchester-on-Thames. I try again. "Navigate to the nearest government office?" Maybe Mum's village is too small. Let's try Oxford - surely ...
They Said It
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Novotel Hotel St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia
Just a few minutes drive north of Melbourne lies St Kilda beach. Overlooking the ocean is the six-storey Novotel, built ...Keep reading
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Manufacturing MirrorManufacturing Mirror | News Resource for the Manufacturing Industry
Breaking news from the world of manufacturing. This online newspaper has an extended scope, covering the industry and highlighting breaking news about manufacturers, products, sales, distribution, and personnel in the manufacturing and textiles sector. We additionally cover international news stories, and updates from the business world and global markets, in order to be a one-stop news resource for those interested in manufacturing.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites such as manufacturing periodicals, industry organs, and general media, on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require Manufacturing news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Manufacturing news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Manufacturing Mirror, please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
DHAKA - Bangladesh has re-opened hundreds of garment factories after just three days of closure following protests over pay and poor work conditions.
The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association had called for the re-opening on Friday.
The shutdown of factories this week was prompted by worker protests over low pay and poor working conditions sparked by the country's worst industrial accident.
In response to workers' demands, the Bangladeshi government has approved labor law changes, making it easier for workers to form unions. The government has also set up a panel to consider garment workers salary raise.
Pope Francis has described the garment workers' $38 monthly wage as "slave labor."
Bangladesh is the world's second largest apparel maker after China. The $20 billion industry accounts for up to 80 per cent of annual exports.
The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers' and Exporters' Association says about 85% of employees were back at work. They will get overtime for working on a Friday, a weekend day in Bangladesh.
The manufacturers have accused the workers of disrupting production and say they will not pay wages for the last few days.
Badrul Alam, police chief for the Ashulia district, told the Agence France Presse news agency that there had been "no reports of any protest or violence" after the reopening. ...
- SUV crash survival more likely
- On the road Mazda6 2.2D Saloon Sport Nav Auto
- Photos Legendary Italian auto race - The 2013 Mille Miglia
- Auto review Acura RLX too much like a Honda to justify price
- European car sales rise slightly in April
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- Airline bomb hoax suspect caught in Jiangsu
- Qatar Airways sued after passenger struck by wayward drinks cart
- LAN Argentina Halts Operations Until Saturday
- American Airlines flight diverted to Aruba because of mechanical problem
- Metals from antibacterial clay to help fight superbug MRSA
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah expands ministry leaves out mining-tainted aspirants
- Liberia Woman Faints - During Police Sand Mining Raid
- Parker Drilling compliance chief shares FCPA strategy
- Japans demand for 99.9 aluminum doubles on end-user restocking
- Jacobs Wins Engineering Contracts Lockheed to Upgrade Aegis
- H.B. Fuller Introduces Low Odor Construction Adhesives
- Bulgaria Probes Illegal Construction in Thracian Sanctuary
- Navy pilot earns masters degree in engineering while in combat zone
- German unions agree on engineering industry contract
- Westlake Announces First Quarter Earnings
- Fire at Formosa Point Comfort Plant
- Dow Confirms Receipt of $2.2 Billion in Cash Proceeds from Petrochemical Industries Company of Kuwait
- SABIC upbeat on new projects reviews global growth outlook
- Strike forces poly to postpone convocation
- Japanese executive commits suicide in Gurgaon
- ComEd Announces Four Winners of Smart Home Showcase Contest
- Xnergy Finalizes Construction of Two Renewable Energy Projects Utilizing Solar PV Technology
- Benjamin Moore and The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation Develop Paint Palette Based on Historic Precedent
- Samuel F. Carter Building Being Converted into JW Marriott Houston Downtown Hotel
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- 60 hurt as US trains collide New York-Boston corridor closed
- Dozens injured as Metro-North trains collide in Connecticut
- Census figures show Christianity in sharp decline while belief in Islam dramatically increases
- Trains collide in America
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Manufacturing Mirror headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Bangladesh garment factories reopen within days of shutdown
- IMS Conducts Manufacturing Research Workshop at SCRA’s Applied Research Center
- BGMEA-CDA begin joint inspection of Chittagong RMG units
- Spanish Galicia Mexico sign deal for apparel cooperation
- 86 of consumers view that denim is part of their future